We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for 19 month old

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Tips for 19 month old

Hello,

My mom and I are bringing my 1 and a 1/2 year old with us to Keystone. Obviously he is not old enough to learn to ski yet. Any tips on traveling around Keystone with him (stroller?), places to go, babysitting (day or night), etc. Any advice would be appreciated. We are staying at Flying Dutchman. Thank you:)

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for 19 month old

If he likes swimming, head to the Silverthorne Rec Center as they have a nice kids pool.

Library in Silverthorne also does a kids reading group (think it is on Wed. mornings). Also some outlet stores for you to walk around (though that is obviously more for you and your mom).

Stroller should be fine.

Babysitting- there is something called Resort Sitters, www.resortsitters.com

I know absolutely nothing about them outside of seeing their website.

You could aslo call Keystone Lodge 970-496-2316 to see if they have any suggestions on babysitting.

Matt

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,096 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for 19 month old

You can take the Gondola up. If he is a good sleeper/quiet I'd take yourself, Mom and baby to the Stube for lunch. You take both Gondolas over and the skiers can meet you if they want.

Not sure where you are from but babies, like adults can have trouble with altitude so I'd not do that on day one. If any in your group are feeling poor the fire station in Keystone is a good place to pop in to see if your oxygen levels are good or not. Nice people in the fire station.

Go by the small skating rink in River Run at 4:00, free cookies and hot chocolate, Ripper Roo the mascot is usually there.

keystoneresort.com/activities/kidtopia.aspx…

Edited: 6:38 pm, December 15, 2012
3. Re: Tips for 19 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 17, 2013