We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book your Sleigh Ride dinner - special 2 for 1

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Book your Sleigh Ride dinner - special 2 for 1

We just called Keystone to inquire about the sleigh ride dinner and were told they have a 2 for 1 special running through Dec 16th. We are booked on Dec 16th but they will need a minimum of 16 people to run it. Right now they are just 5 people short so book your reservation today! There are 4 menu options and they will ask you for your choices when you make your reservation...NY Strip Steak, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Salmon, or Vegetable Strudel.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book your Sleigh Ride dinner - special 2 for 1

If we were going to be up I'd do it. It takes you back to the original homestead. It is often where I bike, hike, cross country.

I have never done it, I want to, I do hear good things though!

Edited: 5:57 pm, December 09, 2012
DeRidder, Louisiana
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Book your Sleigh Ride dinner - special 2 for 1

We will be up there in january. Is this the sleigh ride that leaves from the village? Have you heard of anything about 2below0 sleigh and dinner rides? Please write up a review when you get back as we are trying to decide which company to go with. Thanks

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book your Sleigh Ride dinner - special 2 for 1

This was the Keystone Sleigh Ride dinner that leaves from the village near the ice skating pond. We went last night (6 p.m reservation) and it was a little different than I expected , though completely as advertised. My son ( age 9) got sick in the afternoon at ski school (altitude sickness) and his uncle stayed behind with him so the rest of us could go, but we really booked it with my son's enjoyment in mind so that was kind of a downer, and definitely impacted our enjoyment. And because it was too late to cancel, we still had to pay for them. Another downer, though their meals did get sent home with us in tinfoil.

It was very very cold. The shuttle bus was ok, the "sleigh ride" was actually a wagon ride because evidently there was not quite enough snow for a sleigh. We dressed in layers, had blankets, it was still very cold. The ranch house where the meal took place was very small; I pictured space for a little country dancing and a big open fireplace. No, it was a tiny room, very cozy, with 6 picnic tables inside. Picture a tiny ranch house with no interior walls.

The food was very good, (i had the salmon) the entertainment was enjoyable, the service was great, and the people were nice but the sleigh ride back was sooo cold as it was snowing. Kids seemed to enjoy it. For us, It dragged on a bit at the end and we were all tired from a long day of skiing, so if you go consider resting up a bit in advance, and bring hand and foot warmers. I would do it again at the reduced rate, but probably would not choose to do it at the full price.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book your Sleigh Ride dinner - special 2 for 1

I have done the 2 below zero ride but never the Keystone one. It was great fun.

Yep it can get really cold so be prepared, it is winter in the mountains after all . Wear many layers, long underwear, ski gloves. They give you blankets too.

5. Re: Book your Sleigh Ride dinner - special 2 for 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 20, 2013