We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

Cleveland, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

Hi everyone, My family is planning to go out to keystone for the first time over president's weekend and would like to stay at ski in /ski out location. Which condo locations are best ? Also which lifts- quads gondolas are best to stay near ? fyi: we are intermediate to advanced skiers. Also are the slopeside accommodations really worth the extra $$ ? we are planning to stay 5 nights. thanks. Corrine

Edited: 11:33 am, December 02, 2012
Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

You likely want to be in/around River Run. This is where Gondola is at, and given your ski levels you'll want to head to North Peak and Outback, and the River Run lifts are easiest way to get there from base.

At River Run, i think Lone Eagle condos may be only one that's truly ski in/out, the others all require a short walk to get to Gondola (or longer walk to the lift).

Lone Eagle is very nice, and has hot tub and pool on a nice patio area, of course you pay for the location, it's likely one of, if not the, most expensive.

Hard to say if the extra $$ is worth it... it is VERY nice to ski right in/out.. but again you pay for it. I'll say that the walk from River Run areas to Gondola isn't really that bad for most places.

I'd check out the various places in River Run and see what your location vs costs come out to. If you have any specific ones I'm sure someone on here can give you more details.

One I like nearby is RedHawk, as it's more townhome than condo. Though it's a little bit more of a walk.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

LL - thanks for your insight I will continue to look- just bought the 4 day lift pass deal, so I am getting excited about the vacation already.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,987 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

Agree with LaughingLab that the Timbers and Lone Eagle are the closest, also the most pricey. In reality they are just a few steps closer. Nice but if $$$ is way over others I don't think it is worth it. I too like Red Hawk and The Springs. They are right next to each other. That said I much prefer to ski out of Mountain House base. Less crowded and at the end of the day you can avoid the River Run Run, I find it filled with all sorts of skiers that can and cannot ski at that level. You can avoid some of it by taking Ina's way over.

At Mountain House base, you might read this recent post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33501-i2108-k5873…

Happy planning!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

I cannot comment on Mountain House because we stayed at River Run, but we did like it a lot. We stayed in Red Hawk and it is very close to the gondola. Not a true ski in/ski out, but within 100 yards of it or so. There are ski lockers in the ground level of the building for ski/board storage. I would stay there again.

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

I am also looking for a condo close to the lifts. We are beginners and I am trying to decide between Chateau d'Mont at Mountain house or the springs at river run. The pool at the springs looks awesome and I think after a long day of skiing, my 5 year old would enjoy it. Any thoughts on which one would be better.

6. Re: keystone : best location for ski in/ski out lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, January 06, 2014