We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need casual budget family restaurants

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Need casual budget family restaurants

We'll be at River Run for 8 days in March with 2 kids. Although we'll eat breakfast in our condo, we need restaurants that serve your basic fast food or sit down $8 entree for most of our meals since that adds up to about 15 lunches and dinners. We plan on eating at the Fondue place and maybe a sleigh dinner, but are there reasonable family places where the locals go out to eat often?

When we were in Steamboat, even a basic Mexican restaurant cost $18 for an entree. Places back home we eat out for casual dining are like Perkins, O'Charleys, pizza places, Wendy's, chinese take out, etc. Would like to spend our $$ on snowmobiles, tubing, etc., not $80 dinners. Well have a car. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need casual budget family restaurants

To get to Keystone you'll drive right through Silverthorne which is rife with drive-through type restaurants and some of the usual chains. I know there's an Old Chicago's, for instance. There is also a full-service grocery between Silverthorne and Keystone for breakfast items but also frozen pizzas or lasagne for making dinner in the condo.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need casual budget family restaurants

I think you'll find some more moderate price point places in River Run. The Italian place has some decent prices and Kickapoo tavern as well. Dos Locos, across the road from the Keystone Inn might be a good place for you. Sandwiches can be found at the pizza place in the same location. Pizza delivery from Pizza 101 is not expensive. I agree with the suggestion that you hit the grocery store for lunch supplies.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need casual budget family restaurants

Dillon Dam brewery-a popular locals place and very reasonable.

Chimayao in the Borders shopping center on rte. 6 in Dillon. Extremely informal burritos etc. but very inexpensive. Try the fish tacos!

If you go to Breckenridge,1/2 price appetizers from 4-6 at the Quandry Grill. Really good food and filling enough for adults too. Had 4 appetizers last night, plus sodas for $25. We were 2 adults and 2 teens.

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need casual budget family restaurants

Fiesta Jallisco (spelling might be off a little) is good and pretty reasonalbe. It's in one of the strip malls in dillon. Probably the 2nd or 3rd light from I70. It's on the west side of the road.

Memphis
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need casual budget family restaurants

Thanks so much for all the great recommendations! 1 week to go. Yippie