We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

Which is your favorite and why?

Alpenglow Stube

The Ranch

Ski Tip

We'll be in Keystone Christmas week 2011 and will do two of these.

DH, my brother, and mom did Alpenglow Stube last time -- DH just loved the food and wants to go again and bring me. He loved too being able to go to a four diamond resturant in jeans and fit right in.

We did Ski TIp on our last trip too. We love the ambienace of the place, and DH in particular just loves the food.

We've never done the Ranch. What are your thoughts about it.

Tempted to just do Stube and Ski Tip again as DH just loves those.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

I say dinner at Ranch and the Tip - and lunch at Stube - who says you can't have it all! They are all excellent restaurants.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,724 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

Ski Tip and the Stube are my favorites. Agree with 1fourfun lunch at the Stube dinner at Ski Tip. This past year the Ranch was offering a 4 course dinner for 2 for 99.00, that is a great deal, so yes do them all. I'd say the Ranch is a bit more formal than the others but people are still pretty casual.

I'll throw in the Bighorn at the Lodge too. Great steakhouse, very casual.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

Thanks for the posts / suggestions. We really do love the dining in Keystone.

I'll look for specials, but something tells me that if there is any week they won't have specials going it will probably be Christmas week.

Can you have lunch at Stube without a lift ticket. I can't imagine having lunch there on a ski day -- I'd eat too much, but if you don't have to have a lift ticket to eat there we could do that on one of our rest days -- maybe try the tubing in the morning for an hour and go up for lunch?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

You get a free ride on the gondola for the tubing, but I think it is like $8 for the lunch (just not sure as I have a pass) - so the tubing and then lunch idea is excellent! Make a reservation for both. This year they actually had a $99 for two dinner menu over the holidays; however the glutton in me kicked in, and a few courses just wasn't enough! LOL

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

Ski Tip and The Ranch are my two favorites. I love the small size and intimacy of the Ski Tip as well as the service and the food. The Ranch has a beautiful setting and excellent food. I'm not into game fare so Stube is not my favorite -- I would consider it for lunch.

Door County WI
Level Contributor
278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

Ski Tip is my vote, one of my favorite restaurants in the world. But I have not tried the other, so I am not comparing. I love the desert in the separate room in front of the fire place.

7. Re: What's your favorite place in Keystone for high end dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 30, 2012