We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers for campers in Grand Lake?

Chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Showers for campers in Grand Lake?

What's the scoop these days on showers for campers in Grand Lake? The most recent post I could find on this was 5 years old. We'll be heading through there on our way toward Geogetown, and it would be a convenient place to wash up. We know about the place in Estes Park, but were hoping to find something as we head west.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,029 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showers for campers in Grand Lake?

I called the Grand Lake Chamber of Commerce/Visitor Center about your question. They said Elk Creek Campground offered public showers. Their website says their showers are exclusively for guests. The lady at the VC said to call them. www.elkcreekcamp.com

She suggested you also call Gateway Inn. 970-627-2400 They offer $10 day passes to their spa facilities and might allow use of showers.

These are the only 2 options she knew of in Grand Lake.

I did a search for Granby and Winter Park which are also on your way to Georgetown but did not find anything. There is a very nice Sulphur District Office of the National Forest Service in Granby. You could call them at 970-887-4100 and see if they know of any public showers in the area.

Edited: 12:51 pm, July 30, 2012
Chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showers for campers in Grand Lake?

Thanks so much- I'll put those phone numbers to work and let you know if I find anything. I also saw the Elk Creek website that advertises their clean restrooms as "exclusively for our guests."

Funny it's the Sulphur District Office...after several days in a tent with a 14 year old boy, I'm betting we'll fit right in! (tmi?)

Chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Showers for campers in Grand Lake?

I contacted Elk Creek Campground and they do rent showers at $7/person. (closed noon-1:00 for cleaning).

The very helpful Sulphur District NFS person also suggested Elk Creek, as well as the Sunset Motel on Grand Ave in Grand Lake. I gave them a call but was unable to reach anyone at this time (out cleaning rooms, I'm sure). If anyone else is looking, the number is 970-627-3318.

LAFAYETTE
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Showers for campers in Grand Lake?

Elk Creek CG is definitely the BEST place to take a shower. Our friends from Chicago were impressed (they vacation travel a lot). Don't believe any negative comment you read about them, they even let me use some body shampoo that someone left behind, talk about service! KUDO'S to Elk Creek CG. Pete from Lafayette

5. Re: Showers for campers in Grand Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 17, 2014