We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning ahead

Which Grand Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Planning ahead

Are there any activities I should make a reservation for ahead of time because they are generally sold out? Like to avoid disappointment.

boating, horseback riding, etc.

We are arriving July 11.

Thanks.

Kansas
Level Contributor
148 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning ahead

We've never made reservations ahead. But then again we like to exist w/out a schedule. But it probably would be good to call or email ahead and check out their schedule.

The ranger led hikes and activities don't need a reservation, except maybe a couple. But you can check on the NPS website.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
351 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning ahead

Unlike Greenseeds, I am very schedule oriented! But I have to agree that you should be fine without a reservation for either boating or horseback riding. Winding Riving Resort is a great place for a trail ride or Sombrero Stables located right in Grand Lake.

If you have children ages 6-12, I highly recommend taking them to the Ranger Led program on Friday morning called A Walk Backwards at the Holzworth Historic Site. You do need to make a reservation for that at the Kawauneechee Vistors Center though.

Have a great trip and write a report when you get back!!

3. Re: Planning ahead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 31, 2009