We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best campgrounds in Grand Lakes, co

Which Grand Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best campgrounds in Grand Lakes, co

What is the best campground in Grand Lakes, outside of RMNP. We will be traveling with a motorcycle and pop-up motorcycle camper. Will want to use electric and water space.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
351 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best campgrounds in Grand Lakes, co

There are 2 great private campgrounds in the Grand Lake area. One is Elk Creek campground which has sites with electric, water and/or full hookup. They have a playground, laundry, excellent bathroom and shower facilities, a rec room, camper cabins, a game room and small store. I have stayed there many times and always enjoyed it. This year they have new ownership and I wasn't as happy with them, but the campground itself is still great. Contact www.elkcreekcamp.com or 1-800-Elk-Creek.

Otherwise, I also highly recommend Winding River Resort. They also have great campground facilites with elec/water and/or full hookups. Their bathroom and shower facilites are smaller but nice. They have facilities for horses, activities such as horseback riding, a small petting zoo, frisbee golf, hayrides, small store, cabins, playground, ice cream socials, etc. It is a great place to camp. Due to the beetle kill, the trees have been cut back so it's not as wooded as it used to be, but still a nice campground. www.windingriverresort.com or 970-627-3215

Enjoy!!

2. Re: Best campgrounds in Grand Lakes, co

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 25, 2009