We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall foliage

Which Grand Junction hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
69 posts
40 reviews
Fall foliage

Hello, I will be in Grand Junction around October 10th..... Can anyone tell me what the fall colors are expected to be around the area then? When are colors expected to peak? Where should I go to get the best views? Thanks for the help....

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
201 reviews
1. Re: Fall foliage

Fall colors in the aspens in the mountains will be past peak and the leaves pretty much off the trees by then. But the leaves on the cottonwoods along the rivers will be in full color by then and make for wonderful drives. Also the leaves in town should be really nice, making walks in the downtown areas (oldest trees) very nice.

Edited: 10:21 am, September 15, 2013
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
69 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Fall foliage

thank you... I figured we'd be a bit late for the aspens in the mountains, but I'm glad we may get lucky with the cottonwoods. thank you again...

3. Re: Fall foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 17, 2014