We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free Dining

Which Granby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sarasota
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free Dining

My family and I eat only gluten free and will be in Granby in December, any suggestions in Grandby or Winter Park for dining would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,794 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free Dining

Are you concerned about cross contamination or just need gluten free foods? Granby and Winter Park are small towns but should have options if you aren't worried about cross contamination. I have been using www.allergyeats.com to find places. Seems there are a number of options in the area via their website.

sarasota
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free Dining

Sadly, eating gluten free is not a preference, but a necessity. I looked up allergy eats, but it was not successful. Any specific restaurants that others have been to would be greatly appreciated. The ideal is restaurants that truly cater to those with gluten allergies. I do not like going to a restaurant and being told we can make that--with no seasoning, etc. Thankfully Colorado in the past has been quite accommodating.

Edited: 10:34 am, August 01, 2014
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free Dining

This might help

http://tinyurl.com/lgnsu8c though I am sure when you Googled for gluten free Winter Park it came up for you as well?

As Casa said they are small communities. I doubt you'd find a restaurant that was completely gluten free, more likely just gluten free options.

Edited: 10:57 am, August 01, 2014
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free Dining

We just got back from a week in Granby. Maverick's Grille serves Udi's hamberger buns if you ask. They also fix the fries GF, too. The City Market carries Udi's also, along with other GF products. We ate at Sloopy's and Fat Cats Cafe in Grand Lake (just up the road from Granby) and though they don't do GF as such, I had no trouble finding things to eat without having any issues. If you are very sensitive you would still have to be careful.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten Free Dining

Not sure if you've gone yet but...

Mavericks does have GF buns but their fries are not GF. They say they are but they are cooked in the same oil with breaded foods.

There is another restaurant in town called Brickhouse 40 that several items on their menu that they will do GF and they're clearly marked. If you go into Fraser, Sharkeys is good for breakfast And lunch. They have gf bread and are knowledgeable about what to stay away from. Plus their food is great!

Reply to: Gluten Free Dining
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Granby
Recent Conversations