We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glenwood Springs Trip Report - Family of 3

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
309 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Glenwood Springs Trip Report - Family of 3

Here is a trip report I put together for our family of 3: two adults and one 5 year old. This was a winter vacation and it was a road trip from Texas. I hope this helps anyone interested in a winter vacation to Glenwood Springs. This was the 2nd year in a row we visited the area, and our interests were primarily winter activities such as skiing, sledding, and ice skating.

…weebly.com/glenwood-springs-co-road-trip---…

Thanks for reading!!

Tx Lisa

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,770 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Glenwood Springs Trip Report - Family of 3

Scenery? LOL. It is seriously boring (sorry Kansasians). The photos I took after the ice storm were pretty awesome though. :) We have gone that way when there was potential weather to worry about thinking it would be safer. Even though it's more mileage it is quicker since it's all interstate highway. My brother loves that route because he can make it from Dallas to Denver in less than 12 hours. But we prefer the other way (except for the stinky part!) :)

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
309 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Glenwood Springs Trip Report - Family of 3

I had a feeling that way was boring. LOL! I know that option is there, but we haven't taken it yet. I'd rather drive a bit longer, and have more scenery too.

On our way back, I was getting some food and drinks out of the cooler behind my seat. Without seeing where we were, I smelled the smell, and asked, "Are we in Dalhart?" The answer was Yes. LOL

13. Re: Glenwood Springs Trip Report - Family of 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 05, 2015