We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming in the river (finding hot springs)

Glenwood Springs...
1 post
Save Topic
swimming in the river (finding hot springs)

I would like to swim in the river in Glenwood. How do I find the natural hot springs in the river? I know a lot of the locals know where the spots are. Also, where are the good hiking trails? Thanks

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,286 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming in the river (finding hot springs)

Sorry, wish I knew. I don't think I'd want to just swim in the Colorado River. Maybe take a full day raft trip or tubing.

coloradowhitewaterrafting.com/TripRates.htm

http://turtletubing.com/

glenwoodadventure.com/river-fun-tubes-sups-d…

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming in the river (finding hot springs)

The springs are in a lazy gentle part of the river across from the Glenwood Hot Springs Resort. You can see them across the river. Last time I floated by they were a little sulfuric smelling and pretty crowded - however they are sizable. I would go during the week to avoid weekend crowds. They are on the railroad side of the river - looks like there is a place you can park and walk down to them. You can jump over the rocks and into the river there - very flat. Have Fun!

Edited: 9:43 pm, July 08, 2010
3. Re: swimming in the river (finding hot springs)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, January 05, 2011