We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanging Lake hike without a car

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
6 posts
Save Topic
Hanging Lake hike without a car

Hello all,

I will be in Glenwood Springs in October and want to hike to Hanging Lake.

Is there any bus or shuttle going form Glenwood Springs to this area? (I guess walking 8 miles to and from lake is not a big fun)

What is the weather like there? It it really cold at the top?

Thank you.

Colorado
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanging Lake hike without a car

There is a shuttle that services several hotels in the area. You can google Sunlight Mountain Resort and find the schedule. You can also rent a bike through the bike shops in Glenwood Springs. The trail going to the trailhead is really nice.

The hike up to Hanging Lake is about 2 miles and when I hiked it two years ago it felt like I was going straight up. Be sure to bring water! I went in October and it was chilly to start, but the hike really warmed me up. Wear layers.

Have fun!

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanging Lake hike without a car

The bike rental is a good way to go. Hanging lake is about 7 miles from Glenwood Springs up the bike path along the Colorado River.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging_Lake

www.glenwoodchamber.com/Earth/Hiking.html

Sunlight does have a shuttle to hanging lake

www.sunlightmtn.com/the-mountain/shuttle-bus/

3. Re: Hanging Lake hike without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 10, 2009