We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

Which Frisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

Hi there,

We are pulling our family together from around the country for a special 90th birthday celebration in Frisco in October. We'll be staying right in town, and we will have cars to transport our 18 family members.

If you have any particular restaurant recommendations or sightseeing recommendations in the Frisco vicinity, I'd love to hear about them. We are not limited to Frisco, and while we are generally familiar with that area, none of us have been to Frisco/Dillon/Breckenridge for a long time. Some have never been to the area and would enjoy seeing the area.

Any suggestions? Especially for the big birthday dinner?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

Oct is off season, you might want to see who will be open.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

Bagali's has a beautiful private room. It is all windows and looks out on to Main Street.

Blue Spruce has great food - a local's favorite - they have a private area of the restaurant, I think - I always end up in the open bar area, so having trouble recalling.

Tuscatos has a private area - not separated via a room but a private side of the restaurant.

Ollie's Pub and Grill has a private room downstairs - it has windows, but they look out to a concrete courtyard - the plus is they has many arcade games and a pool table if you have youngsters who might get bored.

I think my number one recommendation would be the Backcountry Brewery, they have really improved their beer and food in the past year and they have a private room that overlooks the lake. www.BackcountryBrewery.com

Edited: 1:09 pm, April 26, 2011
Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

Casting a vote for Blue Spruce.

Matt

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

Make it 3 for Blue Spruce. They have some Backcountry Brewery Beer there also as I believe it's same owner of both.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

it is the same owner of both.

Matt

6. Re: Good restaurant for a family reunion/birthday party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 17, 2012