We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Microbreweries and Kids?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Microbreweries and Kids?

My husband and I are traveling to Ft. Collins this summer and are interested in checking out the local breweries, but we have our children with us. Are some of the breweries more kid-friendly than others or do they have kid menus? Here in St. Louis, Schlafly is VERY family-friendly, but I don't know if it's like that everywhere.

Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
340 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Microbreweries and Kids?

Every brewery tour I've ever been on allows children. But sadly, they don't get the free samples :-)

Many small brewpubs in Colorado make their own root beer so the kids could enjoy that.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Microbreweries and Kids?

If they serve food and/or have a tour, it should be OK. I would call ahead just in case. I've been in a couple in Boulder County that only have a bar, no food or unscheduled tour. There are plenty to choose from, so you won't be out of luck.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Microbreweries and Kids?

Most brewpubs that have food will be just fine for kids. We have been to many in the area with our kid age 1 to 14!

Boulder, Breckenridge, CB Potts, Rock Bottom, Wynkoop... are some popular places...

Try these as well.... Pumphouse in Longmont, Oskar Blues in Lyons, Tommyknocker in Idaho Springs, New Belgium in Fort Collins (tours only),

Tours at Coors and Budweiser.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Microbreweries and Kids?

Thanks so much for the help! The kids adore root beer, so they'll be really excited about that.

5. Re: Microbreweries and Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, December 05, 2009