We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Durango Diary

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Durango Diary

We arrived in Durango yesterday after stops in Taos and Pagosa Springs, We got into our condo early with the help of the manager,

Walked down to the Diamond Belle and REALLY enjoyed their happy hour.

Today has been a food day. Stopped at Durango bagel for a bag of day old bagels for the freezer. Shopped at City Market. Went up the road to Honeyville for some whipped honey and James Ranch for lunch ( good hamburger), meat and cheese, ( talked to Jennifer who gave us the tour last year and runs the garden), stopped at the veggie stand (high school parking lot) for corn and peaches Somewhere in there we walked to Magpies for coffee, Think we will go back to Durango coffee for our daily fix.

For Durangolover,,,Ken and Sues is still closed,,,sign says "open next month",,guy was staining the door.

Polo store is closing!!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Durango Diary

So we are wrapping it up today. Took advantage of local activities this weekend....farmers market, coffee festival, Whole expo

Last of the peaches, hoping he has apples today It;s raining so I wonder if he is there.

Some thoughts: Don't get a hotel room where it opens onto the tracks...the smoke is choking some times downtown for a minute or two .It looks like there are good, clean, old fashioned motels on the north side of town.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful...tourists and townies alike.

It;s a walking, local bus town.

The parking control ladies DO issue tickets, There is free parking up on 3rd.

Durango Coffee downtown is a great place to see, meet locals. Frank may introduce himself~

Thanks to the great local posters. I sometimes wonder if you know just how helpful you are.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
24,306 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Durango Diary

Thanks for posting. So glad you had a nice visit to Durango again. You can now head back to the Texas heat. We will be in Texas the first of October so hope the heat is not so bad.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Durango Diary

Thanks for the great read! Glad you had a good time. I'll be thanking you when I'm on the chairlift at Durango Mtn. Resort gazing at the incredibly beautiful views.

Safe travels. Where to next?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Durango Diary

Tootey : Reservations at Sarasota (St Armands Key) for January and then Fairhope AL next summer with Gchildren, Looking at Big Bend for Spring Break,

Last summer my Gson went off on his own on the chairlifts and loved his adventure. DMR treated my family very fairly when they were rained out on their Adventure daypass by issuing a raincheck.

See you on the road

Edited: 6:24 pm, September 10, 2013
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Durango Diary

I'll miss your post as you have great recommendations! We leave on the 19th. MVNP for two days and then to Durango. We definitely plan to stop at James Ranch and eat at Fired Up Pizza. Safe travels and enjoy Fairhope. Another slice of Heaven. We'll be there for two days late December. If you can find it Big Daddy's is a great place and Jesse's in Magnolia Springs is excellent too.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Durango Diary

Big Bend for spring break ... hmmm, interesting idea. Have you been to Palo Duro Canyon State Park? I'm thinking of going there.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Durango Diary

Tootey..no to Palo Duro

DL...lived in downtown Fairhope until 2011. Love Big Daddys, Market by the Bay is my fav for fried shrimp. We too will be there to visit son in late Dec.

38. Re: Durango Diary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 13, 2014