We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Mesa Verde without a car

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Mesa Verde without a car

Hello all,

I am currently planning a trip to the Southwest for this summer, for our familly of four, and I don't plan on driving, and would like to include 3 nights at the Far View Lodge in Mesa Verde. I would also like to do a day trip from there to Monument Valley with a stop at the Four Corners point.

Are there transportation companies in the area that you guys can recommend? Ideally I would like to use those companies to get to Mesa Verde from Durango Airport and vice versa, and get me from Mesa Verde to the Visitor Centre in Monument Valley and back.

Thanks in advance :)

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Mesa Verde without a car

Maybe someone can personally recommend a transportation company. I haven't used any of them, but I can get you started with some websites to look at.

durangodowntown.com/page/durango-transportat…

durango.org/getting-here/durango-transportat…

I know that there are some guided tours to Mesa Verde National Park from Durango , so maybe the tour companies could also arrange to take you to Far View Lodge, but I'm not sure how you'll get around once you get there unless you go on the guided tours with Aramark.

I'm not aware of a way to get from Mesa Verde to Monument Valley without a car, but maybe the transportation companies will do that, as well. If you find something that works, I hope you'll come back and tell us about it, because the question does come up from time to time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Mesa Verde without a car

I just came back from my trip in the Southwest. I managed to go to Mesa Verde without a car but I did not go to Monument Valley. We used Animas Transportation to go from Durango Airport to Far View Lodge and Cortez Cab back. We saw Mesa Verde by joining those bus tours that the park offers. It was a bit of a walk (15 mins?) from the lodge to the breakfast/lunch place but it's always nice to be walking somewhere far away from the city.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Mesa Verde without a car

Thank you for reporting back about this. If you don't mind, could you tell us the approximate cost of transportation?

4. Re: Visiting Mesa Verde without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 21, 2013