We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in durango

salt lake city, utah
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in durango

Where could we find a really good breakfast in Durango?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in durango

Carver's was always a favorite when we lived in Durango. http://carverbrewing.com/restaurant.html . Also last time we visited, Jean Pierre Bakery had some yummy pastries and coffee. www.jeanpierrebakery.com . Next time we want to try Durango Diner.

salt lake city, utah
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in durango

Thank you!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in durango

I love Durango Diner; but I'd certainly want to make sure you knew it was more the "classic diner/greasy spoon" style of breakfast. I can't stand Jean Pierre; the service is spotty and incredibly slow. I also like College Cafe; it's a step up from a greasy spoon.

Good luck,

Scott

SW Colorado
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in durango

I would avoid Carvers, the food is very sub par- very bland food- for some reason people flock there, Jean Pierre has terrible service and limited menu. The Durango diner is good, it is a greasy spoon place though. Oscars is the same way, slightly less greasy than the Diner. College Drive Cafe is good, recently re-opened. Christinas on 160 west next to the Best Wester has the best breakfast by far IMO but you have to drive a few minutes.

Other choices

CJ's Diner, has alright food, nothing special.

Brick House Cafe, pretty good, I just dont make it there much.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
65 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in durango

In the event anyone else is looking for the answer to this question, like we were, we had breakfast two morning in July at CJ's Diner while in Durango. The food was much better than "alright" as the reviewing Jajeebee described. We were in the Durango area for my nephews wedding. The lodge we were staying at did not offer breakfast so we went in search of a place. We were looking for something other than the obvious choice of Denny's. We drove down College Drive and came upon CJ's Diner. We pulled into the lot and asked some people who were leaving if the food was good. They said it was delicious and we would not be disappointed. They were right! We had a party of 5 the first morning we ate there. We asked our server, Katarina, for her recommendations. Between us we ordered everything she suggested and more. The food was delicious. The service was excellent and we had a great time. A couple days later my husband and I went back to CJ's to have breakfast before we left Durango. Again the food was great. We had a different server and she gave great service as well. When Katarina saw us, she asked how we were and thanked us for coming back. We would highly recommend this place for breakfast.

Edited: 6:46 pm, July 20, 2012
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in durango

Thanks for posting, MNS. I'll add CJ's Diner to my memory bank and hope I'll remember it the next time we're needing breakfast in Durango. I see that you are familiar with Trip Advisor reviews, so am hoping you'll post a review for CJ's.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,621 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in durango

Thanks for posting about CJ's. We like a big breakfast some mornings and that looks great. We will be there in September.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast in durango

1. College Cafe (best in town).

2. Durango Diner (greasy spoon), try the green chili.

3. Christina's (Best Western hotel west) excellent.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast in durango

College Drive, Durango Joes, CJ Diner and Raider Ridge Cafe all seem to be within a stone's throw of our rental next month so stay tuned!

10. Re: Breakfast in durango

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 24, 2013