We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to Durango

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
moving to Durango

Im moving to Colorado very soon and was considering Durango as my place to settle down. But I've found that most people, including some residents, suggest its a better place to visit rather than live. Low paying jobs, high cost of living, loss of scenery and growing drug problem. Im just wondering if I should consider another Colorado town?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,596 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to Durango

A person would have to know what you want:

Are you retiring?

Do you need/want to work? If so, what field/industry?

Are medical services important to you?

What lifestyle activities are you interested in?

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to Durango

I am not retiring. I do need/want to work. My husband has a background with security(locksmith). I have a very diverse work history and neither of us will turn down any decent job. We are in love with all outdoor activities. We love the history the town has. I would say medical services are fairly important because you never when an accident will occur.

3. Re: moving to Durango

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, March 19, 2011
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: moving to Durango

Thank you very much

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: moving to Durango

Welcome to the forums, mcwilliams19!

We try our best to keep forum discussions relevant to as many travelers as possible. Typically, relocation inquiries are not found to be relevant to travel in an area and are the discussions are removed or closed.

If you plan a trip to Colorado to check out parts of the state to which you may want to relocate, our members may be able to offer advice with your travel plans. Unfortunately, we have to close this particular discussion in accordance with our guidelines.

Thanks for your understanding. Good luck with your research and heading our way to CO!

TA_Louise

6. Re: moving to Durango

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:37 pm, March 19, 2011