We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

Summit,.NJ
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

Hi everyone,

I just booked 2 rooms at the Magnolia Hotel for May 2014, but came across some reviews mentioning bedbug issues. Has anyone else experienced this lately during their stay?

Thanks so much for your insight and advice!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

Check out http://www.bedbugregistry.com

Looks like there were reports made last summer and in 2012 :(

bedbugregistry.com/hotel/CO/Denver/Magnolia-…

Edited: 11:59 am, January 01, 2014
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

I read the reports/comments and there are several that challenge those reports as untrue. Any disgruntled customer, for whatever reason, could report bedbugs even if there weren't any. One of those "reports" isn't about bedbugs at all, it's about staff issues.

I would call the hotel and talk to the manager.

Summit,.NJ
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

Great, thanks so much for your help!

I plan on emailing the hotel this week to get more info, but so far they've been great about communicating with me ever since I booked our rooms a few days ago.

Happy New Year!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

Happy New Year to you, too! I read many of the posts to the Colorado boards and I haven't ever seen a complaint about the Magnolia.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

Bed bugs are everywhere in Denver, I am sure communicating with the hotel staff will help you out the most.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

Unfortunately the Magnolia doesn't have all good reviews. On TA it has 33 terrible and 46 poor. But it does have 1,200 excellent also. tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Also check out this - raveable.com/co/…p4156

Bedbugs are such a problem in hotels that I now refuse to take my luggage into a room until I have checked for bedbugs. One hotel was really infested and I quickly cancelled, got a refund, but unfortunately not another room could be found in that town and I had to drive a long way to get to another decent place.

This tip sheet might be helpful - …usatoday.com/bed-bugs-hotels-motels-61503.h…

7. Re: Magnolia Hotel Denver- Bed Bugs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 06, 2015