We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Times US Cannabis Cup

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
623 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
High Times US Cannabis Cup

I am looking for info about the cannabis cup in April 2014.This event is being held at the Exdo Center...anyone have info. I need to book a room and I'm unsure as to where to stay near the Exdo Event Center. Thanks for any help TA's

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

The Exdo center is not real close to any lodging, though in a cool area Denver’s River North (RiNo) Arts district.

I'd try and stay in LoDo you can easily cab it to and from. If you like craft beer there are a couple of great brewers in the area too.

http://www.denver.org/hotels or Downtown areas will work too.

I imagine lots of people will stay at The Curtis but there are many to choose from. Me I am partial to the Hotel Monaco or the Magnolia https://www.guestmob.com/# sometimes has good deals

Edited: 11:51 am, November 14, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Magnolia Hotel Denver
Magnolia Hotel Denver
2,843 Reviews
Denver, CO
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
623 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

Thank you so much alli....that is the info I needed....will you be going next year?

Palm Bay, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

I've got 2 rooms reserved at the Super 8 hotel in Denver. It's 3 miles from the Exdo. Not a luxury suite but the location and price is great.

My buddy and I are flying in from Palm Bay Florida.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Florida
Florida
United States
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

Sorry I missed << Thank you so much alli....that is the info I needed....will you be going next year? >>

No, I am more of a beer / wine gal myself but I am sure it will a good time.

If it is the Super 8 on Quebec, not a bad location as in it is a safe area though mostly strip malls and chain/ fast food type restaurants all around it. I'd much prefer to be downtown.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

You will want to check with your potential hotel if you plan on using cannabis in the hotel - there are some laws that pertain to that. I quote from the Denver Post - "Hotels have the ability to allow — or turn a blind eye to — guests' consumption. But Denver, for instance, prohibits marijuana consumption outdoors in areas of non-residential private property that are visible from a public space. So certain hotel balconies in the city are off-limits. Furthermore, the city's marijuana info website notes that pot smoking could only be allowed indoors in designated smoking rooms, and hotels can't have more than a quarter of their rooms designated as such. " So I would call before I book if that is something you might have a concern about.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,973 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

In the past when I have been traveling elsewhere in Colorado with people who are medical users they have simply asked at the front desk if there's a location that would be best for them to use. In all my observations of these types of interactions, hotels staff have been polite, professional and thankful to show guests where to use rather than smoking in the room.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Palm Bay, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

Colorado has legalized use statewide.

Smoking is a non-issue I would think.

If the hotel doesn't permit, I'm sure the nearest bar does.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

<<If the hotel doesn't permit, I'm sure the nearest bar does.>>

We don't smoke inside bars in Colorado.

Smoking in general is more of an issue than in the SouthEast. We like our clean air.

Have fun in the alleys behind the nearest bar :-))))

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,862 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

Rasteriasha is correct. The Colorado Clean Indoor Air Act went into effect July 1, 2006 and eliminated smoking inside most public places and within 15 feet of main entrances to public places.

The Denver Post has a good article addressing many of the questions regarding marijuana in Colorado.

denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_24823785/colorad…

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,973 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: High Times US Cannabis Cup

"If the hotel doesn't permit, I'm sure the nearest bar does."

Agreeing with others above who either live or spend time in Colorado. I'm SURE the nearest bar will not.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States