We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - Denver to Las Vegas

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - Denver to Las Vegas

In July i asked questions about travelling by car to Las Vegas from Denver - a couple from New Zealand, in our 70's who liked history and scenery. I had a lot of help from Trip Advisor readers, particularly Tet and Miss P. Thank you all. Using the information you gave us we had a wonderful time and saw some amazing places. We pretty much followed Tet's itinerary even braving the million dollar highway, much of which I saw with my eyes closed but my husband loved it. As well we went to the top of Pikes Peak, went to both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon, stayed in Kanab where we bumped into an annual parade celebrating 100 years of settlement, went to Telluride and rode the gondola over the mountain. Saw pretty well all the canyons, my favourite being Bryce Canyon which I hadn't even heard of before reading your posts. We didn't book accommodation except for our first couple and last couple of nights but I did have my i-pad with me so each night we figured out where we would get to the next day and used booking.com to make sure we knew where we could stay. This worked well and there was nowhere which did not have vacant rooms.

As well as the places recommended by you guys while in Flagstaff we visited Bearizona. This is a must do for those of us who come from countries where bears and bison are not commonplace and we really enjoyed the show they put on with the birds.

The whole trip was really special and although the temperatures were indeed very high - much higher than we are used to, because there is no humidity we didn't find the heat difficult. Have to say that the thunderstorms are pretty spectacular though, and I am sure the thunder is louder than any we have ever heard. And now I know what they mean when they talk about a 'big sky'.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - Denver to Las Vegas

Great report. Many thanks for posting it!

2. Re: Trip report - Denver to Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 12, 2014