We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver/surrounding area restaurant suggestion

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
191 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
Denver/surrounding area restaurant suggestion

We'll be flying in to DEN at the end of August and plan to spend the night in or around the Denver area prior to departing the next morning for SD..so...two questions, I guess.

-Can anyone suggest an area around Denver (but not extremely citified) to stay. Based on my map, I was thinking Northglenn or Thornton? Would like to stay north or west of the airport but within a 40 or so min drive from the Lakewood area as we'll be meeting family from there.

-Looking for a restaurant suggestion (again, within 40 or so mins from Lakewood - preferably north/northeast)...family members suggested The Fort but they've already been there and it's a bit further from where we're planning to stay - if anyone has a similar restaurant they could suggest, that would be helpful! The only thing I have to be sure of is that there are a few vegetarian options for one of our guests. A great Mexican restaurant suggestion would be welcomed too!

Thanks so much!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,750 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver/surrounding area restaurant suggestion

You might think about one of the hotels along Quebec street, Doubletree Denver or the Holiday Inn, they are right by each other. It is an easy drive from the airport. Then if you'd like something more local for dinner Tables on Kearney is a great little neighborhood restaurant

http://tablesonkearney.com/

we don't really have "great" mexican food here but I am a fan of Lola's http://www.loladenver.com/

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,982 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver/surrounding area restaurant suggestion

There are a number of hotels/motels in Northglenn at I25 and 120th. There are tons of great restaurants in the Downtown Denver Lodo area and elsewhere. Buckhorn Exchange downtown might be interesting.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,169 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denver/surrounding area restaurant suggestion

The whole Denver area seems pretty citified to me! How about Golden or Evergreen? There's a Comfort Suites on Evergreen Parkway that would have easy access to getting back in to the city. The Cabins at Country Road are highly rated here on Trip Advisor if you wanted something a little more unique, and there are several other choices. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33415-d1777136…

Or how about the Table Mountain Inn in Golden? http://www.tablemountaininn.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33447-d225568-…

There are several hotel choices at Westminster, (we've stayed at the LaQuinta and it was very comfortable, but there are other choices) and have enjoyed Que Bueno at Westminster Promenade.

www.quebuenomexicangrill.com/index.html

But our favorite Mexican food is Little Anita's. We've only been to the little "hole in the wall" on Colorado, but there are several locations, expanding from their original restaurant in Albuquerque. They have the best sopapillas and green chili made from Hatch, NM green chiles. My husband is a fan of breakfast burritos and theirs is tied for his top all time favorite. tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS www.littleanitas.com/home.colorado.html

4. Re: Denver/surrounding area restaurant suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 11, 2014