We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport and installing car seats

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport and installing car seats

Stay with me here... We are flying with a toddler and bringing our convertible carseat. I will be the only driver on our rental so I need to ride the shuttle and pick up the car. However, I'm not adept at installing the car seat. So I need to bring the car to pick up hubby and toddler in the regular arrivals area. As anyone who has tried to install carseats knows, it can take awhile to get it in correctly sometimes. Is there an area I could pull into where we won't be rushed and getting the evil eye from police? Maybe it would be worth just parking in the short-term lot and installing it there?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport and installing car seats

Just pull into short term parking. Usually with 15 minutes or so you won't have to pay for parking, even if you do not that much. My mom always parks in short term meets me at luggage and we get out of there quickly!

2. Re: Airport and installing car seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 06, 2014