We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather this weekend?

South Elgin...
6 posts
Save Topic
Weather this weekend?

My husband & I will be in Denver this Saturday through Monday. It looks like the weather will be nice - in the mid 70's. We plan on going to Rocky Mountain National Park on Sunday. How much colder will it be in the mountains? I am wondering if we need to bring coats or will our fleece sweatshirts be enough?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,179 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather this weekend?

Estes Park weather for Sunday is 62 for a high and 32 for a low. Estes Park is at 7500 feet. Deduct about 5 degrees for each 1000 feet you gain in elevation. Bear Lake is about 9500. Unless you are hiking, that is about as high as you will go in RMNP. From the Top Questions in the RMNP forum, here is a daytrip itinerary for RMNP from Denver.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143048-i3489-k498…

I was in RMNP yesterday. There will still be plenty of snow at higher elevations, at least 4 feet at Bear Lake. You can see a slideshow of some of my photos here on TA at

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143048-i3489-k644…

Wear layers. For walking around Estes Park, it will be very pleasant and warm with the sun. In RMNP, it is often windy and in areas with snow even 52 degrees will feel chilly. I don't think you will need coats unless the forecast changes.

http://www.estesparkweather.net/index.php

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,179 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather this weekend?

Corrected link for slideshow

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143048-i3489-k644…

South Elgin...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather this weekend?

Thank you so much!

4. Re: Weather this weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 29, 2014