We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying Downtown in July @ westin -need advice

San Diego
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Staying Downtown in July @ westin -need advice

My family (kids under 11) and I are staying downtown for 2 nights and are looking for must places to visit in a short period of time. We are going to a Rockies game on a Sunday afternoon and would love any advice for our visit Coors field.Besides places to visit, we are also looking for authentic and reasonable places to eat.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying Downtown in July @ westin -need advice

"Authentic" to be in Denver would be the Wynkoop, one of the first Brew Pubs Downtown. Family Friendly

A must do to me is a visit to City Park. It is the iconic image of Denver. Within the park is also the Zoo and the Nature and Science Museum. Me I just enjoy the park. You can paddle of the lake.

I always take out of towners to the Martin Luther King Monument

eddwight.com/memorial-public-art/dr-martin-l…

If it is hot the kids can play in the water fountain.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33388-d1291…

I love our bike share program

http://denver.bcycle.com/ fun way to see all the sites.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying Downtown in July @ westin -need advice

Since you are from San Diego you may not want to do the Denver Zoo, which is really a nice one. Don't even think of going to the Aquarium. If you have a car I would drive west into the mountains and enjoy the views. Maybe to Mt Evans and then have dinner in Idaho Springs at Beau Joes Pizza.

Some kid favorite restaurants in the Lodo and Downtown Denver areas. Some I've been to, some I haven't but family has endorsed!

Old Chicago Pizza, Old Spaghetti Factory (loved this as a teen, lol), Wynkoop, Rock Bottom Brewery, Smashburger, Red Robin Burger Works, Snarf's, MAD Greens, Garbonzo's,

Edited: 7:48 pm, April 12, 2013
Colorado
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying Downtown in July @ westin -need advice

Since you mentioned the children, you should consider visiting Elitch Gardens. Any kid loves an amusement park in July!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying Downtown in July @ westin -need advice

Casa, you know most of those are chains restaurants and available almost anyplace? There are many "authentic" Colorado restaurants to try.

Uptown area try the Vine Street Pub, very family friendly, good food, great beer, nice patio. A very local neighborhood type of place.

http://www.mountainsunpub.com/

5. Re: Staying Downtown in July @ westin -need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 17, 2014