We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

Hi,

We are headed to Denver for a pediatric 2 week program at National Jewish April 16th - may 1st. We will have both weekends in between free. Are there any places open for snowmobiling, tubing or skiing within 1-2 hours from Denver? Our 5 year old has never done any of this so we thought it might be a fun weekend getaway. I know the major resorts shut down right before we arrive......

Thanks!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

always fun reading

…blogspot.com/2013/…skiing-and-forecast.html

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

Thank you!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

You are welcome. It's been snowing a few inches each night. 9" in the past 3 days. Conditions should be very good. Judging from the web cams it is snowing today too with very nice top to bottom coverage.

It should be fun for your trips. You will want to make reservations for the kids ski school before you arrive.

The combination of all the snow, the cheap spring pass, cheap lodging and free concerts makes this time of year great for a fantastically cheap fun ski getaway!

Edited: 10:28 am, April 12, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

With 15" in the last 3 days and snowing hard this morning the Basin is in great shape!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

Breck has extended the season and is offering kids lessons

www.breckenridge.com/mountain/extended-season maybe Breck one weekend and A-Basin the next?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

I think it is going to be a great late season for the Basin. June is sounding kind of early for closing!

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
433 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

Great news :) thanks for keeping us posted! I am looking forward to visiting the area. Let it snow, let it snow!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

I hope you had a good time, I sure did! Skied the Basin Sat, great snow! Breck on Sunday warm soft snow, party atmosphere. Very fun. Planning on the Basin again on the 27th, It was snowing pretty hard again this morning.

Edited: 10:47 am, April 22, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

Spent Sat and Sunday at the Basin. Bluebird days! Though it was nearly 50 the snow is holding up very well. We got out about 11:00 to give it time to soften up. The skiing was very nice! Snow in the forecast for midweek.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Skiing, snow tubing snowmobiling in late April?

Alli, I wondered if you were there. We skied A Basin on Saturday too :) I agree, after 10:30 the snow was really good. Zuma Bowl was fun. Perfect day!