We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking water

U.K.
Level Contributor
166 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking water

Is the tap water safe to drink in Denver or is bottled water advised?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking water

We have great water.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking water

What alli said.

U.K.
Level Contributor
166 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking water

Thank you for your reply. As I have read so much about how important it is to drink lots of water to avoid altitude sickness,I just wanted to check about the tap water.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking water

Makes sense. In the US potable water is a given, though in some parts the water taste is not that good but Colorado has very tasty water.

edit for some reason Keystone's water on the top of the mountain is very cloudy...safe but cloudy, other than that we are good!

Edited: 4:27 pm, February 27, 2013
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking water

Wow, hard to believe this question.

I always thought we were pretty civilized.

Rosee, can we drink the water in the UK?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking water

According to the American Water Works Association in 2011, Denver was tied the second best tasting water in the US after Greenville SC. Denver water has never failed a test by the Federal or State Government. Short answer is it is safer and tastes better than most bottled water.

U.K.
Level Contributor
166 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking water

Ha ha!I can understand your amusement at my odd question.Its just that I have travelled to lots of places in Europe and The Canary Islands where you are advised not to drink the water.Yes ,although the water here in the UK. Is safe in some areas it has a disgusting taste.Im sure I can relax now and enjoy the natural Colarado water during our tour.Thanks. rosee

Edited: 3:21 am, February 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking water

Tptr, why would Rosee's legitimate question warrant a comment that Rosee sees us as not being civilized. I think it is a valid question and deserves our kind responses.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinking water

I too have traveled to many countries. I wouldn't ask that question up front. Probably wait until I got somewhere where I was worried about it.

I still think the original question is a slap in the face, and After covering almost all 50 States I've never found a drinking water problem save for during instances of some sort of disaster.

If you want to pick a fight, find someone else.

have a good day.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinking water

I have been places in the USA where the water was not drinkable. The two most notable were southwest North Dakota (tastes like sulfur from the coal) and Springerville, Arizona (water supply was downstream from ineffective sewer plant) . The water in Colorado comes from the Rocky Mountains, and it is very good.