We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HElP with Grocery Store

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HElP with Grocery Store

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am heading to Keystone Ski Resort next week from Denver, and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a fair priced grocery store/superstore on the way to the mountains that is easy to get to from the highway. I know the groceries near the mountains are really expensive so I was hoping to hit one up on the way.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

B Moreland

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

Here are couple, both easy to get to.

One is the Super Target at I70 and Kipling. Get off at Kipling and go right (north). Get over in the left lane at that the left at the second light. Then right into their parking lot. They have a decent selection of groceries.

A second choice is the King Soopers at Youngfield. Its just a bit further west on I70, though I70 makes a big turn to the south just before Youngfield Exit Youngfield and get in the second to left lane. IIRC this is the center lane. Turn left under the over pass, then turn left again. Watch out for drivers who don't follow the instructions. Left lane is required to make two left turns, but sometimes people decide they don't want to make the second one. Now, get over to the right. There's a shopping center on your right with a King Soopers. There's also Applejack, a big and cheap liquor store across the parking lot from King Soopers. There's a super walmart on the north side of King Soopers.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

Safeway in Idaho Springs on I-70 your way to Keystone

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

And not necessarily any cheaper than other Safeway stores.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

Every time we've travelled I70 with a ski club, they've stopped at that King Sooper.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

Andee:

Best thing about that King Soopers is AJacks across the parking lot!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

Not for us. I very rarely have a drink (can't afford the calories) and DH will have one beer each evening after taking a couple of days to adjust to the altitude.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,834 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

tptr, you know how some people browse bookstores, picking up a book reading the covers, picking up another?

That is me at Applejacks. I spend lots of time walking up and down the aisles, picking up a bottle, reading the labels....

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

Labels are good.

AJacks has changed quite a bit in the last 33 years.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

Andee110 <<<Not for us. I very rarely have a drink (can't afford the calories) and DH will have one beer each evening after taking a couple of days to adjust to the altitude.>>>

And you have that fun brewery (Lakefront) in your Milwaukee backyard!

10. Re: HElP with Grocery Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 03, 2014