We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
397 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

Hi

My husband and I are flying into Denver and arriving at approximately 11:00 at night. We plan to head to Estes for a wedding. We are trying to decide if we should stay over in Denver (preferably right at airport if it has any hotels) and get rental car in morning OR get rental car ASAP and drive to Estes Park that night...

Any suggestions?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,167 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

http://flydenver.com/hotelsneartheairport none on site but many nearby. I would get the rental car and stay in Denver and then enjoy the ride/scenery to Estes Park in the morning.

Edited: 2:18 pm, December 01, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,471 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

There are hotels nearby but no hotel at the airport yet. A Westin is in the plans but will not open for a few years. I haven't heard of any others, but maybe a local will have more info!

http://flydenver.com/hotelsneartheairport

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

I suggest you spend the night at the airport - if only for the reason you will miss some amazing scenery on your drive to Estes at night. The hotels on Tower road are very close by and have free shuttles, plus you can literally walk to the Enterprise rental car agency. It is also my understanding the rental car agencies off site are less expensive too - so you might make up the price of the hotel in what you save on a rental.

Edited: 2:39 pm, December 01, 2012
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

About the amazing scenery on the drive to Estes Park, either take the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway in its entirety or drive to Boulder and through Boulder Canyon (119) to Nederland where you will join the Peak to Peak (72 to 7).

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

Stay near airport then drive up in morning to enjoy scenery. Do note that you want to avoid the toll road, especially with a rental car. Unless it tips you over another 24 hour period with the rental car, get it on arrival. Otherwise you MAY be faced with a hotel shuttle back to airport then rental car shuttle. Everything is super time consuming at DIA. That process can consume up to an hour.

Plenty of hotels on Tower Road, 15 minutes from airport. Another great pod down at the I-70 intersection where you can oftentimes find better prices.

Good luck.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

Another reason to avoid driving in the dark is the danger of wildlife on the road at night. Best to enjoy a good nights rest and, as mentioned, see the beautiful CO mountains than to spend the night trying to watch the roadsides for deer and elk.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

There are some hotels less than 10 minutes from the airport. Such a late arrival, I would check wuth the hotel to see if they have an airport shuttle. The rates downtown Denver are usually on the high side and getting in after 11pm, you would not want to walk the 16th St Mall that time of night.

8. Re: Is there a hotel AT the Denver airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 17, 2013