We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott- attractions within walking distance

North Carolina, USA
Level Contributor
35 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott- attractions within walking distance

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to Denver for restaurant week in Feb 2013. We stayed near lodo 2 years ago and loved it . We are thinking about Cherry Creek this trip. What attractions are nearby that we can walk to? We are in our 40s and fit. I'd appreciate any advise. Jennifer

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,508 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott- attractions within walking distance

Attractions at the JW Marriott is shopping and eating...

http://cherrycreeknorth.com/

the Cherry Creek bike path runs through it. The Zoo and City Park are a few blocks north. When you get tired of fine dining the Bull & Bush for a beer.

www.bullandbush.com/

Denver, Colorado USA
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott- attractions within walking distance

Cherry Creek is primarily a shopping/residential area. There is a large mall just 1 block south of your hotel. Your hotel is located in what's called Cherry Creek North. There are multiple shops/restaurants in CCN. Kitty corner from your hotel is the Cherry Cricket, with, arguably one of the best burgers in Denver. It's a dive so don't expect fancy. But it's very popular with the locals.

Several blocks south and west of your hotel is Washington Park (aka Wash Park). It's one of the largest parks in Denver. It would take 20-30 minutes to walk there. You could easily drive/park and have a walk around the park if the weather is nice. If walking I'd go down University Blvd and turn right on Exposition to the park.

The Denver Country Club is just to the west of your hotel (along East 1st Ave). The houses in the vicinity of the country club are fantastic (and historic) so a walk around this neighborhood might be nice.

About 7 blocks north of your hotel is the Denver Botanic Gardens. You could walk up Josephine St to get there.

These restaurants are in the vicinity of your hotel and were just listed in Denver's Top 25 restaurants by 5280 Magazine. I've been to all of them and they were great. Barolo Grill is one of my all time favorite Denver restaurants:

Barolo Grill

Potager Restaurant and WIne Bar

Fruition Restaurant

North Carolina, USA
Level Contributor
35 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott- attractions within walking distance

Thank you for all the info! I will add bush and bull and cherry cricket to our list. I was already planning on dinner at Barolo. I'm glad to see it's a favorite. Are there any local diner type of breakfast places you would recommend?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,633 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott- attractions within walking distance

There's a Little Anita's at 1550 S Colorado Blvd. We almost always have breakfast there at least once when we visit, as they serve a breakfast burrito that is on hubby's all time top 3 breakfast burrito list, and their sopaipillas are appropriately puffy, hot and light (as opposed to some places that serve heavy, dough-y lumps and call themselves a Mexican restaurant, lol). It's in a little strip mall and far from fancy but we like the food.

littleanitas.com/locations.coloradoblvd.html

www.littleanitas.com/reviews.colorado.html

Edited: 11:50 am, October 13, 2012
5. Re: JW Marriott- attractions within walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013