We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to city center at night

san francisco
Level Contributor
503 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
airport to city center at night

Our flight gets in at 10:15pm and I need to get to central Denver. I'm thinking my best option is RTD bus to Market Street Station, and then take a taxi (would be abt 3 miles in the taxi). Is it safe? (50-ish woman and my 14 year old son, from San Francisco so used to cities). By the time we got there it would probably be almost midnight - would there be taxis around at that time, or should we call on the way?

denver
Level Contributor
343 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to city center at night

That area of town is mostly safe, with normal "keep your wits about you" caveats. There should be taxi's about as there is a lot of night life in the area.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
647 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to city center at night

Agree with your plan. No need to take a taxi (at such cost) from the airport when RTD is so much cheaper.. RTD's Website notes departures of AF SkyRide buses to downtown (and beyone) at 10:50PM, 11:50PM and 12:50AM weekdays, arriving downtown about 50 minutes later.

Taxis don't cruise the streets of Denver, looking for fares. I don't remember a taxi rank at Market Street Station. Sometimes taxis are stationed at certain hotels. It might help to phone one of the taxi operators before you leave, and ask for advice. (Like asking where might taxis wait for passengers near Market Street Station - or do you need to phone to book one?)

Alternatively, you could phone RTD for advice on linking up with a taxi (or bus?) to your destination. RTD's number is 303-299-6000. The Website below also lets you submit a question - for an emailed reply:

http://www.rtd-denver.com/ContactUs.shtml

Maybe phoning RTD might be better, first. If you phoned them first, it might help you to frame your question for a taxi operator - if eventually you had to phone one of them.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to city center at night

There are typically Taxis near the station. EarthlingOnline I have flagged down many a taxi in Downtown denver, Not like NY but they are there. Also if your hotel is near 16th you can take the

www.rtd-denver.com/FREEMallRide.shtml…

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to city center at night

I'll second Alli's observation: I have always been able to catch a cab from Market St. Station.

5. Re: airport to city center at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 13, 2013