We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,737 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

If you are going to be in Denver September 14, 2012 through January 13, 2013 this promises to be a very cool exhibit for all ages. Getting lots of buzz.

<<<The Roman city of Pompeii was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79 and ultimately vanished beneath thick layers of volcanic ash. Virtually untouched for nearly 1,700 years, the city and the evidence of its inhabitants were preserved as if sealed in a time capsule. Pompeii’s rediscovery—building-by-building, street-by-street, and block-by-block—provided one of the greatest archaeological treasures ever unearthed and gave historians a rare look at a Roman townscape unchanged over the centuries.>>>

I love the Museum!

dmns.org/exhibitions/…

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
715 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be in Denver Sept. 23. Sounds like something I'd be interested in seeing.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,775 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

Thanks for the info! I hadn't heard about this but it's going on my Must Do list.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,737 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

I know! I think it sounds super cool.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

Great tip Alli - thanks for posting! We were in Rome a couple months back and didn't have time for Pompeii ... now we get to experience it in our own back yard!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
715 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

Does the museum allow cameras or flash? Thanks.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,737 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

I do not know you could call them

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

Great exhibition. Been to the real Pompeii and this represents it very well in simple terms and in fascinating form.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

I went to the Pompeii exhibit and it is wonderful. As for the photography - as most museums, this one allows photos without flash. (Flash has been blamed for damaging art work/exhibits so many lending agreements between museums and lenders have language prohibiting flash.) So. my suggestion to people is learn how to set your camera and phone to museum settings and you will get good photos. Mine from my smartphone turned out just fine from the Pompeii exhibit.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
248 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

Hurray! It turns out that I'll be in Denver just in time to see this awesome exhibit. Thanks for the heads up!

10. Re: A Day in Pompeii in Denver! Museum Of Nature & Science

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, January 06, 2014