We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth it to pay for the "city bikes" around town? How much?

San Diego...
2 posts
Save Topic
Worth it to pay for the "city bikes" around town? How much?

Hi all,

My friend and I are staying downtown for a long weekend. We were thinking of renting the "city" bikes each day, but since my city (San Diego) doesn't have them, I was wondering if they were easy to use? worth the money? fun?

Also, any recommendations for clubs downtown (we are both 40 yr old women)?

THAnks!

Leslie

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,096 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth it to pay for the "city bikes" around town? How much?

They are very fun and pretty cheap. I think they are a great way to see our City!

http://denver.bcycle.com/

San Diego...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Worth it to pay for the "city bikes" around town? How much?

Thanks for the recommendation! :) I love to ride, so it will make our trip to Denver all the more fun..

Leslie

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,096 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth it to pay for the "city bikes" around town? How much?

You are welcome. You will not be alone. I see them all the time. I have my own cruiser bikes, ( my avatar being one of them) and love tooling around town on them. Hard to be in a bad mood on a cruiser bike.

Here is a thread from a while back. tripadvisor.com/…25838651

I know that some things have changed, lots more locastions.

Edited: 11:16 am, May 25, 2012
4. Re: Worth it to pay for the "city bikes" around town? How much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, June 21, 2013