We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

premium crossover or full size SUV

miami
Level Contributor
80 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
premium crossover or full size SUV

Renting a vehicle at DIA in June.

Have not rented the premium crossover catagory.

How would these vehicles compare to a full size suv?

Is there a big size difference?

Renting from Alamo - any vehicles to avoid in either catagory?

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
179 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: premium crossover or full size SUV

Depends on what you are going to do in Colorado. Are you staying on paved roads or not? The car rental agency website should list what type of cars they have, so you can easily compare them based on the make and model of each, gas mileage, etc. I have rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee before and enjoyed it. There was plenty of room for three of us that were hiking, rafting, etc. The Chevy Tahoe is very roomy and I found it to be a nice smooth ride. Have never driven the GMC Acadia. Those are the vehicles listed on the Alamo website, but they might have other options as well.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: premium crossover or full size SUV

The prem crsv are smaller but will have more features -- leather seats that can be cooled, burled wood-- if any of that matters. They'll both have A/C. Much depends on how many of you and the amt of luggage.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: premium crossover or full size SUV

While I am not sure of the exact makes/models are on the lot at the DIA Alamo facility, I would agree with some of the other two comments. If size matters, I would certainly go for the full size SUV. We have a crossover and while it is spacious and comfortable, it just doesn't have the amount of room that is found in a full size SUV.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: premium crossover or full size SUV

I have rented a GMC Acadia from Alamo in Vegas, in April 2013. It was awesome, loads of space, and very comfortable. Chris from UK.

5. Re: premium crossover or full size SUV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 21, 2014