We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im Lost..any activties available for my kids during winter?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Im Lost..any activties available for my kids during winter?

Hi,

I moved here from Florida due to my husbands new job, and I was not thrilled about the move because of weather ,no beaches, Dryness and lack of activites for my children during the winter months. Despite it all, I want to make the best out it.

So, I wonder how to entertain my 15month old besides the zoo, children museum, aqarium and gymboree classes.

Here are a few cons I came across, malls here aren't kid friendly, unless your going for lunch(no play areas) although I understand reasoning. The performance art center does not offer toddler friendly plays. (ages4 under not allowed)

My 15month old is too young to learn how to ski/snowboard, unlike his dad and brother.

So, am I missing something?? Or will i have to fly out of the state during the winter to entertain my kids.

I appreciate any insite, and I'm willing to drive up&down Colorado state, ALthough i reside in the Denver/Evergreen area

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Evergreen
Evergreen
Colorado
California
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im Lost..any activties available for my kids during winter?

Uhmm...I'm surprised you are not doing more research on this. Just in the last half hour of looking online I was able to find three different places that offer a play area for young ones as well entertainment for children of different ages. Places such as Jumpstreet Indoor Trampaline Park, Fun City Family Entertainment, and Boondock's Fun Center. I would figure even Florida would offer places such as these for your children's entertainment. Also here is a link to a site for ideas on activities for kids.

greatideasforkids.com/places--events-boulder…

I found the link to the WoW(World of Wonder) museum in Lafayette looked like something you would be interested. You just need to take some time to look. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Lafayette
Lafayette
Lafayette Parish, LA
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Im Lost..any activties available for my kids during winter?

Thanks alot,

Yeah, I figured I ask others while doing online seraching

Like I said, i moved here from florida and never had a problem finding activites there. It's a family entertaining state for sure, besides the wild night life in Miami and Orlando.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,153 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im Lost..any activties available for my kids during winter?

Plenty of things to do, we never had trouble finding things to do when we visited family there. Most locals take their kids outside in the winter, even young ones. Get nice warm clothing and waterproof boots (mostly for you). Maybe a small sled for sledding. When your husband and son go up skiing, go with and maybe learn to snowshoe and pull the little one in a sled behind. We may not have beaches and Disneyworld, but growing up in Colorado is a wonderful thing!

Join a local rec center or YMCA. Many great places with indoor pools/water parks, toddler swim classes, yoga etc. Find a local park and on a warm day go to the playground, most likely you will meet lots of moms (and dads) and their kids.

denvergov.org/parksandrecreation/Recreation/…

trekaroo.com/list/five-favorite-indoor-water…

…parentsconnect.com/sub-category/denver-co-u…

Also the Butterfly Pavillion, Denver Museum of Science and Nature, Forney Transportation Museum, Botanic Gardens

http://www.denverkids.com/

http://www.coloradokids.com/

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Denver Botanic Gardens
Denver Botanic Gardens
4,957 Reviews
Denver, CO
Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Im Lost..any activties available for my kids during winter?

Cherry Creek mall has a children's play area

also check this site

www.grandparents.com/gp/events/denver.html

Edited: 5:08 pm, January 02, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Cherry Creek Grill
Cherry Creek Grill
412 Reviews
Denver, CO
5. Re: Im Lost..any activties available for my kids during winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:37 am, January 03, 2012