We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

cambridge, ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

My boyfriend is from Denver and remembers one at/near Colorado Boulevard when he was young...he thinks the top floor rotatated and housed a restaurant that was on top of a hotel. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I assume it closed years ago but we haven't been able to find any references to it online at all.

1. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:32 am, December 01, 2013
cambridge, ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

Thanks. :) This would have been in the 80's...he thinks it was around Colorado Blvd and Evans. He's asked his family and no one remembers it so he's beginning to think he's nuts, haha.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,219 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

Funny, this same question came up in a thread on another web forum the other day. I've lived nearby and been traveling regularly to Denver, including that part of town, for 30+ years. Do not recall one.

cambridge, ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

It doesn't look like the top floor rotates, but does anyone know what this building is/was?

…pegs.com/content/…041181_Ext1_j.jpg

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

Guessing it is the hotel by mile high stadium

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,219 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

That's the rather old hotel just north of Invesco Field in the photograph link.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

That looks like the bar and restaurant that we use to go to next to Mile High Stadium and McNichols Arena. Top is the bar, the rest is a hotel. I think I've even stayed there. Can't remember the name.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

Yes, there was a restaurant that rotated in the area your boyfriend mentioned. Can't remember the name of the hotel but I know it is not the one that is the posted photo. I ate there years ago with my family when I was a child. Quite a great view of the mountains and city from the table where we were seated. Good memories.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

I asked my husband and he said people use to say the restaurant on the top floor of the picture rotated - you could see down into the stadium as it rotated by. He said he never personally went there.

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Did Denver ever have a rotating restaurant or hotel?

Yes they did... it was called Top of the Rockies... but it was downtown.

It was in the Security Life building and it was downtown. My grandfather used to have an office in that building...

The Hyatt by the convention center boasts a bar now (no rotation) that has tremendous views of the mountains...

Edited: 1:32 pm, January 24, 2011