We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long layover at Denver airport- what to do?

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Long layover at Denver airport- what to do?

I have a long lay-over at the Denver airport this Tuesday. I get in at 9:00 a.m. and my next flight leaves at 4:00 p.m. to Durango, CO.

I have never been to Denver before. Is it worth leaving the airport and going into town? If so, what should I do/see?

Are there buses/shuttles from the airport or should I just take a cab? Are cabs expensive from the airport to the city?

I would really appreciate any help/suggestions. Thank you!

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long layover at Denver airport- what to do?

Sorry, I didn't realize someone else posted this right below me! But if anyone has anything to add, I'd still appreciate it.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,101 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long layover at Denver airport- what to do?

There is a bus that goes to Downtown Denver, check the Skyride by RTD www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide/

Plan on getting back to the airport around 2pm.

Visit www.denver.org

3. Re: Long layover at Denver airport- what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 21, 2009