We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier Airlines

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Frontier Airlines

I know they're in bankrupcy, but does anyone know how they're doing? I am wondering if it's ok to book a flight with them for next summer.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontier Airlines

I love Frontier airlines! Nice, clean, new planes with private TVs. No problems as far as I am aware. In fact I am in the process of planning a trip for the end of November next year and one leg is on Frontier. My advice is go for it. I don't believe legally they can leave you high and dry - the credit card should reimburse you for not receiving what you paid for. (Not sure if that is true for a CC from Sweden)

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontier Airlines

Unlike most other airlines, Frontier declared bankruptcy as a safety measure when their credit card processing company decided to hold back 100% of customer payments until after the completion of a customer's flight, not the usual split percentages that are common in the industry.

When everyone buys a ticket on a credit card and you have been receiving perhaps 50% of the money in advance, then suddenly the processor decided to stop paying you anything until possibly months from now you can certainly see how it would affect a business' cash flow. Declaring bankruptcy was the only thing that allowed Frontier to renegotiate their contracts.

Still, as previously said, use a credit card.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frontier Airlines

Frontier is in as good as shape as any airline in the current economic environment. I always try to fly Frontier, and would fly them again, but I don't need to travel by plane this year, so far. Frontier seems to be progressing out of bankruptcy OK. According to this article in the Rocky Mountain News, they actually made a profit in November.

rockymountainnews.com/news/…

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
117 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frontier Airlines

I can't speak to Frontier's financial condition.

My issue with Frontier is that they fly so infrequently to/from the East Coast that if something happens (flight delay or cancel due to mechanical or weather, etc.), you really don't have options. I flew to Denver on Frontier last winter and the plane had mechanical issues. I was left in New York an extra day because they don't have enough flights.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frontier Airlines

I've gone ahead and booked. Hopefully it will go ok!

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frontier Airlines

Dan, I just flew Frontier on a weekend getaway and both flights actually landed early, the friendliest service, I always fly Frontier whenever possible.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frontier Airlines

Good to hear :)

Annoying about the luggage fees though, but I suppose that's the same for most airlines in the US these days.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frontier Airlines

Yes, the luggage fees and the sort are across the board - every airline is charging them. We have flown Frontier 7 times since the bankruptcy filing and we have several trips reservations with them this year. My husband has flown back and forth to the east coast 5 times with no delays. I suppose it depends on the area, they have a small presence in some markets.

9. Re: Frontier Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:16 am, January 07, 2009
10. Re: Frontier Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:16 am, January 07, 2009