We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier Airlines

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Topic
Frontier Airlines

I am thinking of flying Frontier to Denver this coming August. I have never used this carrier. Would appreciate if anyone has experience with Frontier and can comment. Would you recommend them?

Thanks.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,285 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontier Airlines

Absolutely! We fly Frontier almost exclusively and have for many years. IMO it is a great airline. Their on-time performance is very good. They have an excellent safety record. Their personnel is friendly and helpful as opposed to some other airlines. And if you fly on an Airbus jet (most of their fleet) you'll have your own little tv screen at your seat with DirecTV - very popular with the kids.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontier Airlines

Another enthusiastic vote for Frontier! All of their planes are newer, everyone is really friendly. Last time we flew my extremely energetic 5yo ran straight into the cockpit when everyone was exiting the plane. Instead of being reprimanded, the sweet pilot gave her a hug and a tour of the cockpit! =)

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frontier Airlines

For me, The best part about Frontier is most of their flights are non-stop to a particular destination. Most other airlines make one change planes somewhere.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frontier Airlines

I was a dedicated United flyer until about a year ago. I simply can't justify paying twice as much for the trip between SF and Frontier. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the flight covers the same route. Try it out.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frontier Airlines

I meant SF and Denver. :-)

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Frontier Airlines

Thanks. You have all convinced me. I booked my flight with Frontier. Our choices were Continental for $ 405 or Frontier for $278. Your encouragement made it a no-brainer.

LoDo
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Frontier Airlines

Absolutely... I flew back and forth on Frontier from Akron-Canton to Denver for about a year before moving out here. Great flight. Plus they have satellite TV for your viewing pleasure.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frontier Airlines

SF to Denver $285? I found a non-stop flight from Ft.Lauderdale,FL to Denver for $284 and it includes all taxes. Frontier I have never flown but at these prices I invited my family to Denver for a summer vacation and chance to live a dream of going to RMNP.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Frontier Airlines

Frontier is the bees knees baby. Their best feature is a free ticket after 15,000 miles of travel rather than United's 25.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Frontier Airlines

I'm picky about airlines in terms of cleanliness and I'm impressed with Frontier.

I grew up with my oldest sister working for the airlines, so I flew first class for free everywhere. I was very spoiled and paying for a coach seat has taken some getting used to. that being said, Frontier planes are very clean and comfortable. The TV screens are a nice amenity and the prices can't be beat.