We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
321 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

This question is for fellow locals.

I keep hearing that there is free parking at Stapleton Airport's old parking garage - shuttle to DIA. However, there is little to no information online about the following: How long can we leave a car there? Does anyone know? And how can it be free!? Nothing is free anymore. Also, does anyone know how frequently the shuttle to the airport comes by? I can't find that information either. With the cost of boarding the dog going up and up, it would be nice not paying ungodly amounts for parking the car at the airport!!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

I've parked there once, over five years ago, but it is indeed free and no indication of any limit. It seemed secure enough and was very convenient.

According to the RTD website: "For long trips, park free at the Airport Blvd./40th Ave. park-n-Ride or at the Stapleton Transfer Center — which offers 24-hour security and limited covered parking."

The route that goes from Stapleton to the airport is AS - from www.rtd-denver.com, click skyRide on left to get the schedule - click W-Bound on upper right to get schedule from DIA to Stapleton. It looks like the bus leaves at least 2-3 times an hour and it's only $11.00 RT.

I believe this location is where many airport employees depart from, so they need to have a large garage and frequent departures to accommodate them - it won't be deserted at any time. So take advantage and have a great trip!

Colorado
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

Parking is free and then you pay $6 one-way for the bus. Check the RTD website for SkyRide schedules. They run every 15 minutes I think.

telluride
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

Does anybody know for sure if parking at the stapleton airport still is free? I noticed that all the information about it is from 2007 and just want to make sure that it hasn`t changed since than.

it you know please give me an update. Thanks!

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
419 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

www.rtd-denver.com

you already have internet access

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

In February 2009, RTD began charging for parking, particularly if you don't live in the RTD district (daily commuters are more or less exempt). Here's the webpage: rtd-denver.com/parknride/…pmDetails.html

From what I can see, this page is not accessible from within the RTD website - I found it by googling "RTD pay parking." Even though the URL shows it to be a subpage of parknride, let me know if you can navigate to it! I looked for quite a while on the site, assuming there HAD to be a page about this!

Bottom line - yes, you do have to pay to park at Stapleton.

wyoming
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

The link here doesn't seem to work.

We are going to be gone for a month in July, 2009, where can I find out the details of parking at Stapleton. I am from Wyoming.

Thanks

hampshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

there is a link here: <http://www.rtd-denver.com/AlphabeticalList.shtml> I don't know if it will help

hampshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

www.rtd-denver.com/AlphabeticalList.shtml

see if this link works!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
913 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

Two comments:

If you're driving all the way from Wyoming, you might as well drive to the park and ride at 40th and Airport Blvd and catch a bus to there. It's served by buses going to Denver International Airport and it's a lot closer than the Stapleton site.

However, I see a problem with your plan to be gone for a month. According to the "how to park" page on the RTD site:

The maximum length of stay is 15 days. You may request to stay up to 30 days by calling 303.299.2900.

That page is at http://www.rtd-denver.com/HowToPark.shtml - and it means that unless you have arranged a longer parking time, your car will be towed after 15 days. And then there's the "stupid factor": even if you've arranged to park for 30 days, how will they ensure your car isn't towed anyway because that info didn't get to the people checking the lot? Maybe it works just fine, but I'd ask a lot of questions about that.

Since you have some time, you may want to explore off-airport parking facilities to see if you can get any deals. Here's an example: www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cppcadia.htm - which gives you the contact info to call and ask if they have a special 30 day rate.

Other commercial parking lots off airport are: http://www.usairportparking.com/

http://www.diavaluepark.com/

Finally, what are your options for leaving the car somewhere in Wyoming and taking ground or air transportation to the Denver airport?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
913 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking at the old Stapleton Airport

After posting I saw that the person from Wyoming who will be gone a month isn't the original poster. So my comment was really in reply to Sebulba, not Heidi.