We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much does it take to go from Frisco to Denver Int Airpor

Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
How much does it take to go from Frisco to Denver Int Airpor

Hi we are visiting Colorado in June/July and we end our visit in Frisco, where we will sleep and from there go to Vail and Breckenridge.

We are leaving from Denver International Airport on the 5th of July. So we will wake up early from our hotel in Frisco and from there drive to Denver International Airport.

Google Earth says we should arrive in 2.38 hours, is that true? Is it a rough path to do with the pressure of a flight?

Would you recommend not to stay in Frisco that last night? And stay in Denver or Boulder instead?

Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
13,111 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: How much does it take to go from Frisco to Denver Int Airpor

If you are looking at Google maps right now it says 3 hours because it's a Sunday afternoon during ski season and traffic is very heavy.

Normally it would take a little more than 90 minutes on week day barring any accidents or construction. Safe to allow around 2 hours to get to the airport from Frisco. If you are concerned about the timing, stay at an airport near DIA.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
21,137 posts
451 reviews
2. Re: How much does it take to go from Frisco to Denver Int Airpor

This is a very easy drive, especially in summer. What tine is your flight? You should plan to be back at rental car lot about 2-1/2 to 3 hours before your flight. It's a complex and time consuming airport. While I suspect the day after July Fourth will be somewhat light, you could have rush hour traffic if an early flight.

Have fun.

Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: How much does it take to go from Frisco to Denver Int Airpor

Thank you both! My flight is at 2pm, therefore if I plan to come from Frisco (or Breckinridge) I will have no problem if I leave at 7 or 8 AM.

Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: How much does it take to go from Frisco to Denver Int Airpor

One thing to consider when driving the basically 100 mile drive from Frisco to DIA...summertime is prime road construction season. Since there is a possibility of construction on I 70, I would recommend that you stay closer to the airport the night before your trip.

Reply to: How much does it take to go from Frisco to Denver Int Airpor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted