We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

I driving back to San Diego from Michigan and have never been to Crested Butte. I will be alone and would like to find somewhere in town for two nights to check out the area. Any place decent to stay in from $50. to $80. in Crested Butte?

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

what time of year are you going through? crested butte kinda shuts down in the summer, but there are still a few places available. and summer rates are discounted. If you can't find a place actually IN crested butte, we stayed in Gunnison, not too far.

If you go to Crested Butte, there is a specatular place to the left as you go up towards Kebler Pass ... in summer it has great mountain views and fields of wildflowers.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

I'm heading to Colorado in mid June, Iz. I'm driving from Detroit to San Diego and will spend four or five days touring Colorado en route. The wife won't be with me, so I'm willing to quasi-rough it in some lower end hotels as long as they are nasty like the one we stopped in at Texarkana, Texas a few weeks ago.

colorado
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

Crested butte does not shut down in the summer!!!!!!! In fact summers are busier than the winters! Check out the Cristiana in town for a good place to stay, or the Old Town inn. Walk down historic Elk Ave and enjoy!

Seneca, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

We spent 1 nite in crested butte in aug 2006. the town does not shut down. We stayed at the old town inn. The hotel was nice, clean and quiet. There are tables and chairs outside. We watched the sun set after dinner. it was beautiful.

We ate at Cowboy's, they are the only place in town that serves white zin. The food was great so were the people. We had a smoked meat platter that came w/you choice of 3 meats and your choice of 2 sides. Because we were splitting our dinner and spend a few hours sitting at the bar talking w/the owner, they let each of us have 2 sides and did not charge for the 2 extra sides.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

Check out my Crested Butte Youth Hostel recommendation. I stayed with my family and was very pleased. We stayed there in the July and the scenery is amazing. It is within your price range and within a few blocks of main street. It also has a laundromat next door (if you find that your long drive finds you in need of some clean clothing). You must provide your own food, but the hostel has everything you would need (refrigerator, stove, utensils, etc.) if you need to stay on a budget.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

I ended up staying in Almont south of Creste Butte as CB was jammed with visitors for a bike thing last June. I stayed in a cabin across the road from the Almont Hotel and restaurant where the two rivers meet. Good place with fun social scene in the bar on a Fri night. Cabins have no TV or radio, but that was okay with me.

7. Re: Reasonably priced accomodations in Crested Butte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 15, 2009