We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secret word?

Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
secret word?

I'm renting privately during Spring Break, so I can't get discounted lift tix through the resort. I found sources for discounted tickets, but at this busy time, I'd love to get into the lift line early. Is anyone willing to share the Secret Word for early lift access?

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secret word?

Really!! There's a secret word.

We have early AM skiing in Steamboat called 1st Tracks. The secret word here is $29.00 bucks.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: secret word?

secret word is . . . uh, please?

Prob not.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,196 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secret word?

What used to be the Beeline is now the Secret Pass. It'll cost you $20. This is what it reads on their website:

To obtain the SECRET! PASS just book your lodging through us or say the SECRET! words at any Copper ticket window and put down a $20/day upgrade on the full window price for both adult and child tickets.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: secret word?

LOL, in your defense I found the tv commercials a bit misleading - it was easy to think there was a secret word. Ultimately like mentioned above, it is a marketing ploy for you to pay an additional $20 to butt in line. Copper is rarely that busy - perhaps holiday weekends, but personally I would not pay an additional $20 - just not worth it IMO. Enjoy Copper - it is a great mountain!

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,196 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: secret word?

About Copper not being that busy...

Over spring break weeks there can be lift lines 30 minutes long especially at American Flyer and Timberline Express, sometimes Super Bee. If you are short on patience it may be worth the $20.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: secret word?

A 30 minute line at Copper is rare; However we do not frequent the flyer and eagle lifts - which are the main resort lifts at Burning Stones Plaza. $20 per person, family of four, over a week, sure can add up - maybe for the weekend? We prefer Copper Mtn because of all the area ski resorts, it is the least crowded. The Storm King pommel sure can take a long time though. :-)

Blytheville, AR
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: secret word?

We are visiting Copper Mtn the last weekend in March, from what I have read it sounds like it would be worth the extra money to buy Secret passes from our lodging... I have livingsocial credit to use at liftopia, but I would only be able to purchase regular tkts there, so it comes out to $60 more for my hubby and I to get Secret tkts. Worth It?? We are only there two days I am beginner and hubby is advanced and this is a trip we have planned to take for years and finally getting to afford it, so it needs to be good lol!

btw lodging is offering tkt for 70 each, is this normal price for secret pass or can I get it cheaper? TIA!!

Edited: 1:46 pm, February 07, 2011
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: secret word?

The Copper website shows advance purchase of aprox $148 for 2-days at that time of year, so it appears your price is better. The add on feature is $20, IMO if you get there and it is ridiculous THEN go to the booth and add it on - otherwise waste of money IMO. BTW - if you are a beginner, then get a lesson and you get to skip the line with your instructor. Have fun!

Blytheville, AR
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: secret word?

So I can buy regular lift ticket through Liftopia and then go to resort and add Secret part for $20 when we get there? That would not be bad, I have never used Liftopia so I did not know how that would work...

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: secret word?

not as I read the fine print at Copper Mtn website which states:

FREE upgrade not available with pre-purchased products such as season pass, four-pack or other non-Copper Mountain sales outlet."

coppercolorado.com/winter/…secretpass

Mentioned in this post
Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain
785 Reviews
Copper Mountain, CO