We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conditions at Copper

Bath
6 posts
Save Topic
Conditions at Copper

Hi - does anyone know when more of the ski area's are due to open? I've seen there has been some recent snow but has it been a light year for snow so far?

Also I understand that Interwest has recently sold Copper. As we're looking for a day out does anyone know if the lift tickets will still be usable at Winter Park for the remainder of this sesson?

Thanks in advance for all your help. Can't wait to be back at Copper.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conditions at Copper

Copper is my favorite mountain but I haven't skied there yet this season so I can't give you firsthand info. You are correct, there has not been much snow thus far. From what I have heard conditions are less than optimal. We need a nice BIG snowstorm to change that!

When are you coming? Conditions will change dramatically with a good snow storm.

Copper has a web forum. You might ask questions there and perhaps you will get updated info. http://ww2.coppercolorado.com/forums/

We have a season pass and skied Winter Park this past week. But lift tickets are area specific so I am not sure what you mean about using a Copper lift ticket there.

Bath
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Conditions at Copper

Hi Babalax - first day on the slopes will be 12th of Jan so your right, anything could happen before then.

The lift tickets for Copper in the past you've been able to us at Winter Park as they were both run by Interwest which was great as you could try another resort whilst on holiday.

Thanks for the help and fingers crossed for a big snow storm!!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conditions at Copper

Forecast looks good for tomorrow and Monday. We'll take whatever we can get!

Long range forecast discussion...January 05 to 08

"The 7th on through the 10th or so we look unsettled and colder with mostly light to moderate snow, as high pressure ridges to the west and cold Canadian storms drop in out of the north." http://snowforecast.com/CopperMountainResort

Think snow! Have a great trip. : )

Bath
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Conditions at Copper

Thanks, we always have a great trip staying at Copper. Another 3" of snow over night - keep it coming down!!!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conditions at Copper

It is coming down fast and heavy!! Check out the webcams...

coppercolorado.com/the_mountain/…index.htm

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conditions at Copper

There is hope! The snowstake cam shows about 4" for today. : )

coppercolorado.com/the_mountain/snowstake.htm

Rotterdam
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conditions at Copper

We just got back from Copper. WE had a great time. I think 17/21 lifts open. Plently of snow for us. Yesterday it was really coming down as we left.

Bath
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Conditions at Copper

Thanks everyone for your help and advise. Good amount of snow in the last couple of days and more runs opening.

Glad you had a great time Stetney - a week today we'll be carving the slopes, we can't wait.

Thanks to all

Edited: 1:45 pm, January 04, 2010
9. Re: Conditions at Copper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 04, 2010