We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Village

Atlanta
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
East Village

We are trying to decide between Copper or Keystone for this Christmas. We went to Keystone last year and liked it alot. The only place we can find at Copper that suits are needs(price and size) is in the East Village. My main concerns/questions are: 1) the runs off the Super Bee lifts. Is there an easy way down? My wife and I prefer greens but have skied some blues on the front side of Keystone. 2) the reliablity and frequency of the shuttle if we cannot use the Super Bee lift and east side trails. I do not mind being away from the "action ". We usually eat in. Also the place we are looking at is The Pergrine. Any comments or sugestions are appreciated. Thank you

Colorado
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East Village

The shuttles are very reliable and run often so you can get to Center Village easily and quickly from East Village (not even a 10 min ride). If you are a mostly green/sometimes blue ability skier you may not be very comfortable with the runs off Super Bee. They might be a little over your head.

If you ride Super Bee up... which you should do at least once to take in the spectacular views... here's what I think is your easiest route down to Center Village. We did this with our 10 year old nephew and it was only his 5th day riding. Ride Super Bee to the top, ski down Copperopolis to Main Vein to Center Village. That way you can ski greens and easier blues from the American Flyer lift. You should also ski off the Rendezvous lift. The trails are easy and the view from the top is breathtaking. And there's hardly ever anyone there!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East Village

I'm sorry, but I can not think of any runs other than back diamonds coming down by the super bee. You can definitely take the lift up and hit plenty of blues and merge into greens, but not coming straight down to the lift bottom. Yes there there are a couple free shuttles that circle around the resort, and can drop you off after your day of skiing. Honestly the resort is not so spread out that you can not walk.

So I just looked at a map and it shows Skid Road - a blue coming down to the Superbee - I recall that area as pretty darn flat. Have a loo... http://tinyurl.com/lroocy

I do not know anything about the Pergrine - have never stayed there, as I live here year round. However the Breck DE, Matt I think owns a unit at Copper, and as a local Realtor is very knowledgeable - I am sure he will reply to your thread too.

Keep in mind Copper is a resort and not a town like Keystone. They are really different - however I love Copper; less lines and good terrain. Have fun!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East Village

Peregrine- built mid-70's, tends to have somewhat larger room sizes than newer construction. I believe the 1bdrm are about 700-800sq.ft. Should be a quiet building (noise between units above or below you) due to the constuction sytle (which doesn't always lend to being asethically pleasing, but does make for better noise control).

Have you checked out www.vrbo.com?

For your skiing ability, if you can find a unit in the Center Village that meets your requirements, you would be better off there. It is not much to catch a bus, but....why if you can find a place that suits you.

If you directly rent through Copper Mtn., I believe you have access to the "rec center". HUGE pool, indoor hot tub, weight room, cardio, racquetball...

If this is of interest to you, you may want to see if this is included with your rental.

There are some older units in the Center Village that you might try to inquire (through VRBO) about prices.

Copper Junction-no hot tub

Village Square

Mountain Plaza

Here is a map of Copper

media.intrawest.com/copper/pdf/CM_Village.pdf

Best to blow it up some to read it.

When dealing with VRBO.com, feel free to ask the owner if they will meet or match the current price offer you have with Peregrine. I have a VRBO unit (not in Summit County) and it is not unusual for guests inquiring about my place to ask for a certain price point for their dates. Doesn't hurt to ask as I think the Center Village would be a better location for you.

PS- Copper is amazing. My favorite ski resort in summit county.

Matt

Atlanta
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: East Village

Thank you for the responses. We have been looking on VRBO. We have a group of (9) people grandparents,kids etc and need alot of room. I have not been able to find a large enough place in the center village. I want to ski at Copper but we might just stay in Keystone and drive over or take the bus for a day or two. Last year we stayed in Keystone and took the bus to Breckenridge and Arapahoe Basin. That was very easy. Thanks again for the input.

5. Re: East Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 01, 2010