We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

Newcastle upon...
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

We're heading to the East Village, Copper Mountain in January '09. My partner and I are both mid 40's and our sons 25 and 12 respectively.

Any suggesteions for good places to eat and where the older 'boys' may get a decent beer??

Additionally, what's been your favourite ski run and why??

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

If you are staying in East Village, JJ's is the place. My husband says they have a good beer selection. The food is good too! They also have live music during happy hour. The Black Diamond is there also, not my fave place but it's okay.

In Center Village the best place to dine is CB Grille. Expensive, but then you are at a ski resort. We often eat at Endo's. I think your boys will like it. It's a sports bar atmosphere and the food is pretty good. Incline is good I just think it is a bit too expensive for what you get. Good wine selection.

Hmm... my favorite ski run. I'll have to think about that. I like to ski the Timberline lift which is on the opposite end of the mountain. All of the trails over there are fun.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

Difficult to choose, but I think my favorite trail is Bouncer from the American Eagle lift. It's a nice long blue. All of the blue runs at Timberline are fast and fun. If you are staying in East Village you'll be starting off at the Super Bee lift. I like Andy's Encore, and Oh No is fun.

Have a great time at Copper!

Newcastle upon...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

Thanks!

SOOO looking forward to going.

Happy Christmas!

Janie

Winchester
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

Hi Janie

Copper Mountain is great. I have been for the past two years with my wife and two daughters and we have just booked again to go in Feb 09.

Endos in the main village is a good sports bar for a drink and JJs in the East Village. JJs also do great steaks. T Rex grill on the mountain is good for a beer, hot dog and/or a hot chocolate!

Make sure you get your lift pass with beeline advantage. However, on the past two occasions the mountain has been so uncrowded you hardly ever find a big queue/line for the lifts. Compared to Europe it is empty ;-)

It is also so friendly and the standard of ski instructors is great.

I doubt I will ever go back to Europe to ski again !

Enjoy

Steve (Winchester, England)

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

We're here this week and it's as crowded as I've ever seen it. There shouldn't be so many people in January though.

A tip: head over to the Timberline lift first thing in the morning to ski Copperfields, American Flyer and the Moz. They are lots of fun. The lift lines start to build there around 10:30-11:00. Then head back to Super Bee and ski the east side.

Have a great time!

New Orleans
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

We just returned from Copper and actually really liked Incline- ate there 3 of the 4 nights. We're from New Orleans, and are sort of food snobs, but we thought it was really good and fairly priced.

Two nights, we got the ravioli special- once it was butternut squash, the next night, lobster. They had yummy $5 margaritas. One night hubby got prime rib, and loved it. Some of the entrees come with a gouda potato patty which is delicous. I think our bill was about $60 each night.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

Just returned last week from copper moutain and I have to say the food ruined our holiday, it was crap and very expensive and they all used the same suppliers, the fries were the very same, the burgers were, the chicken tenders and their rotten chicken wings...

The only nice place was Chubs the sandwich place, that was brilliant, we got a thai curry from the chinese and that was not bad either. Other than that the food was crap, i hate to say...

We mostly ate from Endo though, ate in incline once and my bf got the beef roll it was more like stringy lamb, it was really bad...

Copper Mountain itself is fantastic and I loved it but it was just the food was not good and it ruined it for us

8. Re: Where to eat/drink in Copper Mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 17, 2009