We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from airport to downtown area

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Catharines...
1 post
1 review
distance from airport to downtown area

We are staying for 5 days for a girls national basketball tournament ( aug 5-11) . Would like to know distance to downtown from airport and any hotel recommendation in downtown area

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
339 reviews
1. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

It's about 20 minutes to downtown. There are not a ton of hotels right downtown. My usual preference is Antler's, which is a great HIlton managed property in easy walking distance to restaurants with very easy access to I-25. There's a ton of lower priced chains all along the I-25 corridor.

Have fun.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
2. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

^^How fast you driving Tumbleweed? Maybe 20 with a lead foot and light traffic but count on maybe 10-15 more if you hit rush hour times.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

I would have guessed 20 minutes as well, but I'm known for having a lead foot. But it does help if you know where you are going. There are a lot of reasonable hotels near I-25 and Circle, very convenient to everything including downtown. Location-wise, Hyatt Place on Garden of the Gods, is about as central as you can get and close to the I-25 corridor.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,206 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

I would have guessed 20 mins. Mapquest says 18 mins. Downtown you have Mining Exchange and Antler's Hilton. Both are nice and within walking distance of plenty of restaurants.

5. Re: distance from airport to downtown area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 25, 2015