We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental house - areas to avoid?

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rental house - areas to avoid?

I'm looking at rental houses in several areas - Manitou Springs, Academy area, Briargate, "downtown" area. (Trying to find something under 45 minutes to Spruce Mountain resort.) Are there any "bad" areas I should avoid?

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

Haven't heard of Spruce Mt. Resort, however, if it is near Larkspur, your best bet would be Briargate.

The only "bad" areas are around Murray & Circle (IMHO),

Manitou would be too far. Another area to consider just north of downtown would be "Old North End".

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

Yes, Spruce Mountain has a Larkspur address. Can't find a suitable option in Larkspur, though.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

No, there is not much in Larkspur. It is,however, a lovely area. Castle Rock could also be an option.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
5,675 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

This is a travel forum. Your best bet is to go with city-data. They have all kinds of info and forums there specific to the kind of info you need, city-data.com/city/Colorado-Springs-Colorado…

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,852 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

I took it as she was looking for a vacation rental?

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,675 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

Perhaps you mean Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch in Larkspur? http://www.sprucemountainguestranch.com/

I see they do weddings/corporate events there - are you attending one and need accommodation for that or are you wanting to live in the area? I'm not sure what the purpose of your question is (which I guess is why my earlier post was removed by someone).

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

Yes, that is the location of a wedding I plan to attend. I'm looking for vacation rental for the 5 days while I'm there, leaning toward Colorado Springs as more interesting than Denver.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,675 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

Oh, that does make a difference. Hope you have a wonderful time and that the wedding is a great success.

Frisco, TX
Level Contributor
302 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

saxygirl, we are also going to a wedding around that same time same area, and I have looked and have had no luck find any kind of a rental for 3-5 days. Try castle Rock hotels or we actually chose So Denver, which is only about 30 miles from the wedding site we are attending.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental house - areas to avoid?

Take a look at vacation rentals in the Black Forest area or Briargate. There are lots of options, especially if it doesn't line up with Air Force graduation or Parent Week. Downtown Colorado Springs would be about a 25 minute drive. Briargate, even less. Black Forest because of the fires, you could get a real deal with a short drive.