We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip From Denver

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip From Denver

My husband and I will be in Denver for work the first week of October 06. We have one free day at the end of our stay and would like to sightsee and stay somewhere outside of Denver but remain close enough to drive back to Denver airport to depart for home. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
642 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip From Denver

Lots of choices:

If you like scenic driving/outdoors stuff:

1) Do Rocky Mountain National Park (maybe drive on I-70 to the Grand Lake Entrance on the West side and take Trail Ridge Road over, stop for a couple hikes, and end up in Estes Park for the night.

2) Do Morrison/Red Rocks park in the morning, then drive up to Evergreen along Highway 74 (Bear Creek Road) for a pretty drive through Bear creek canyon up to Evergreen, could also add on Mt Evans Scenic Byway out of Evergreen for the afternoon up to Top of Mt. Evans (highest paved road in the US). Stay in Evergreen or Idaho Springs for the night.

If you want a bigger town, shopping, etc.

3) Boulder. Spend day shopping, dining etc. along Pearl Street Mall.

4) Colorado Springs. Could drive or take train up to Pike's peak, and do Garden of the Gods.

5) If you like to gamble, Black Hawk/Central City could be another choice

Those are probably the most popular day trips.

2. Re: Day Trip From Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 16, 2009